When it comes to Autumn vegetables, acorn squash is one of the best. The natural sweetness and orange beauty make this friendly vegetable fit right in with other Autumn flavors, and this Cardamon Clove Air Fryer Acorn Squash is one of the tastiest ways to enjoy it.
Make Air Fryer Cardamom and Clove Acorn Squash
When you cook acorn squash in your air fryer, it cooks up much faster than in the oven. Combined with cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and brown sugar, the spices bring out all the natural sweetness of this scrumptious seasonal veggie – and a smattering of chopped pecans is like icing on the proverbial cake.
Serve this acorn squash for festive Autumn dinners like Thanksgiving. And if you are vegan or vegetarian, this Cardamom Clove Air Fryer Acorn Squash recipe is hearty enough to fill you up nicely. Serve it with a side salad or a lighter vegetable for a perfect vegan Autumn meal.
What a great, heartwarming way to celebrate Autumn!
More great recipes to serve for Thanksgiving:
- Air Fryer Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Apple Cinnamon Biscuits with Brown Sugar Honey Glaze
- Apple Cinnamon Roll Muffins
- Apple Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Donuts
- Apple Walnut Bundt Cake
- Caramel Apple Cookies
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Puff Pastry Bites
- Chai Spiced Tea Oatmeal
- Chocolate Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcakes
- Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Easy Cranberry Brie Bites
- Garlic Parmesan Basil Roasted Carrots
- Goat Cheese Logs rolled in Pecans
- Homemade Maple Bacon Cupcakes
- Homemade Vanilla Fig Jam made with Local Honey
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
- Orange Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens
- Pecan Pie Fudge
- Pumpkin Pudding Cake
- Spicy Pecans made in the Instant Pot
Ingredients you need to make Cardamom and Clove Acorn Squash
• 1 medium acorn squash
• 1/8 cup chopped pecans
• 2 tsp coconut oil
• 2 tsp brown sugar
• ½ tsp ground cardamom
• ¼ tsp ground cloves
• ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
Kitchen Equipment you will need to make the recipe:
You will need an Air Fryer. We are using one that has a basket.
How to make Cardamom and Clove Acorn Squash:
• Cut acorn squash in half lengthwise and spread coconut oil on flesh side.
• Mix sugar, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and pecans together. Sprinkle on
• Place one half, cut side up, in fryer basket.
• Cook 15 minutes in air fryer at 300°.
• Add butter if desired. Enjoy!
You may serve the squash in halves or in quarters. I love how it looks to serve it in halves, but in reality, since we are serving other side dishes as well, we cut it an additional time and serve it quartered so it’s not too much food.
Note: Some air fryers need more or less time to fry the squash the way you like it. We recommend starting with 15 minutes in the air fryer, and then check for doneness. If you need more time, add up to 5 more minutes. I like my acorn squash well-done so that it’s got a nice crust, but you may like yours less well-done.
try it and share!
Please let us know how you enjoy our Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole. If you make it yourself, please let us know on Pinterest that you tried it and tag us with #theawesomemuse on your Instagram photo. If you haven’t had a chance to make it yet, be sure to save the recipe on Pinterest so you’ll remember where you found it.
You may enjoy following our Pinterest Boards Thanksgiving Recipes.
Cardamom Clove Air Fryer Acorn Squash Recipe
- Air Fryer
- 1 medium acorn squash
- 1/8 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Cut acorn squash in half lengthwise and spread coconut oil on flesh side.
- Mix sugar, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and pecans together. Sprinkle on squash.
- Place one half, cut side up, in fryer basket.
- Cook 15 minutes in air fryer at 300°.
- Add butter if desired. Enjoy!