When you first bite into one of these Apple Cinnamon Roll Muffins, you may find it hard to believe that they started off as a simple can of cinnamon rolls – even if you’re the one who made them. These things are pure decadence and perfect for any Autumn or Winter occasion. The secret is the apple pie filling!
Making Apple Cinnamon Roll Muffins is Easy
Instead of making your cinnamon rolls the normal way, these Apple Cinnamon Muffins are made by placing your cinnamon rolls into cupcake tins. Then you top each of them with apple pie filling. There are some delicious ones available in a can, or you can make your own. Either way, the apple pie filling adds all the fresh apple flavor and sweet moisture your muffins need to come to life.
These tantalizing Apple Cinnamon Muffins are a fun treat for Halloween parties, Thanksgiving dinner, or Christmas brunch. Of course, once you taste them, you may find all kinds of great reasons to whip up a batch. Whether you serve them warm or cold, these muffins are a real winner!
More apple recipes for you to enjoy:
- Apple Cinnamon Biscuits with Brown Sugar Honey Glaze
- Apple Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Donuts
- Sugar Cookie Cups filled with Apples
- Apple Walnut Bundt Cake with Brown Sugar Sauce
- Caramel Apple Cookies
And be sure to try some more of these great apple recipes that every one loves.
Why not try some more of our favorite breakfast recipes too?
- Chai Tea Spiced Oatmeal
- Cherry Crumb Bars with Rolled Oats
- Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Homemade Raspberry Almond Oatmeal
- Homemade Vanilla Fig Jam made with local honey
Ingredients to Make Apple Cinnamon Roll Muffins
Makes 8 muffins
- 1 can cinnamon rolls
- 1 can apple pie filling (or opt for homemade)
- Olive oil spray
Note: This recipe doesn’t use the icing included in the can of cinnamon rolls. You can drizzle some on top if you’d like to make a more decadent muffin. However, we haven’t calculated the icing in the calories.
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Roll Muffins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray cupcake pan with olive oil spray.
Coat the cupcake pan or muffin tin well so cinnamon rolls will not stick.
Unroll cinnamon roll dough and press a small amount into each cupcake cup. Be sure to give them a bit of shape when you press the cinnamon rolls into the cups so that there’s a nice reservoir to hold the apples.
Top with apple pie filling. We fill ours mostly to the top. It’s okay if the apples go a little over the top of the cups. You just don’t want to pile it on too high or the apples could slide off.
Bake for 20 to 22 minutes until cinnamon roll is a light golden brown.
Tip: Do not let the rolls get too dark.
try it and share!
Please let us know how you enjoy our Cherry Crumb Bars. If you make it yourself, please let us know on Pinterest that you tried it and tag us with #theawesomemuse on your Instagram photo. If you haven’t had a chance to make it yet, be sure to save the recipe on Pinterest so you’ll remember where you found it.
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Cupcake Pan
- 1 can cinnamon rolls 8 count
- 1 can apple pie filling or opt for homemade
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray cupcake pan with olive oil spray.
- Coating it well so cinnamon rolls will not stick.
- Unroll cinnamon roll dough and press a small amount into each cupcake cup.
- Top with apple pie filling.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes until cinnamon roll is a light golden brown.
- Do not let the roll get too dark.