If you love your Instant Pot as much as I love mine, I hope you’ll check out this amazing recipe for Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole. It may be exactly the game changer you need when the holiday cooking gets really busy.
If you cook your big holiday meals from scratch, you know the tricky art of timing everything so it gets done at the same time. And if your kitchen is small, with a basic stove and oven, negotiating baking times can be really difficult, especially if your turkey is large enough to take up all the space in the oven. With all that going on, who has time to bake up a Sweet Potato Casserole?
With this Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole, your sweet potatoes will cook up in a fraction of the time, while freeing up space on the stove-top and in the oven. In fact, this recipe is so easy and delicious that you might be tempted to make this casserole again long after the holidays are over. I know I will be!
Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole
We’re still using the traditional ingredients you need to make Sweet Potato Casserole for your holiday gatherings. Whether you’re serving this for Thanksgiving or Christmas or any other fall and winter meal, your friends and family are sure to love this classic.
You can also make this in other multi-cookers, like the Mealthy MultiPot, that do pressure cooking, too. It doesn’t have to be an Instant Pot. You can see my MultiPot in action on my meaty chili recipe.
Ingredients you need to make Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole
Before you get started, you will want to gather the following ingredients:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Brown Sugar
- Unsalted Butter
- Whole Milk
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chopped Walnuts
How to make sweet potato casserole in the Instant Pot
Print and Save the Recipe
Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole
- Cutting Board
- Chef's Knife
- Instant Pot
- Potato Masher
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Casserole Dish
- Culinary Torch
- 6 cups Sweet Potatoes Washed, Peeled, and Chopped
- 2 1/2 cups Brown Sugar Packed
- 1 cup Brown Sugar For Topping
- 5 Tbsp Unsalted Butter Softened
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1 cup Water
- 1 bag Mini Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
Instructions for Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole
- Wash, peel, chop your potatoes and set into the Instant Pot.
- Add the water to the instant pot.
- Set the instant pot to Manual, High Pressure for 4 minutes.
- Once the cooking has completed, do a Quick Pressure Release. Once the pressure has been released, open the pot.
- Mash the sweet potatoes inside your pot.
- Turn your instant pot to saute.
- Add the milk, and butter to your sweet potatoes. Mix to combine.
- Add the brown sugar and spices. Mix to combine.
- Preheat your oven to a low broil.
- Continue to cook on saute for five minutes while stirring often.
- Scoop the sweet potato casserole into a baking dish.
- Top your casserole with the remaining brown sugar. Sprinkle with mini marshmallow and chopped walnuts.
- Place the casserole dish onto the bottom rack of the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 3-6 minutes or until the marshmallows are toasted.
- Remove the potato casserole from the oven and serve warm.
- For that extra smoky marshmallow flavor use a flame torch and cook your marshmallows to a crispy burn.
try it and share!
Please let us know how you enjoy our Instant Pot Sweet Potato Casserole. If you make it yourself, please let us know on Pinterest that you tried it and tag us with #theawesomemuse on your Instagram photo. If you haven’t had a chance to make it yet, be sure to save the recipe on Pinterest so you’ll remember where you found it.