How to Host a Hocus Pocus Party
Halloween is such a fun time of year, especially if you have kids! One of my favorite ways to celebrate the holiday is to throw a fun, family-friendly Halloween party. And every good party has to have a great theme. Since Hocus Pocus is one of my family’s favorite Halloween movies, it makes the perfect theme for a party! Wondering how to host your own Hocus Pocus party?
Check out these simple ideas to throw a glorious Halloween party this year.
Hocus Pocus Party Food
My favorite aspect of party planning is definitely the food, so you can bet we’ll go all out with the Hocus Pocus Halloween party food spread. The first step to planning any party menu is to come up with ways to incorporate the theme into the meal and desserts.
And since no Halloween party would be complete without people dressed up in costumes, its important to make your Halloween party spread easy to eat. That’s why I love serving simple finger foods and easy-to-eat desserts each Halloween.
To make the most of the Hocus Pocus theme, witch-inspired appetizers, drinks, and desserts are a must. Creating witch hat shaped treats, like this easy recipe for frozen pumpkin yogurt bites or these witch hat garlic bread, is a simple way to add a cute appetizer to your party menu. And don’t forget about dessert when planning your party food! Cookies are a great choice, especially when you create witch-themed treats like these adorable Hocus Pocus cauldron cookies.
Hocus Pocus Party Drinks
No celebration would be complete without drinks. And since we’re planning a family-friendly get-together it’s important to take both the kids and the adults into account when deciding what drinks to serve.
And for your younger guests, consider serving seasonal favorites like apple cider or add some Halloween color to your drink table with orange punch or pumpkin juice.
Hocus Pocus Halloween Party Decorations
In addition to getting creative with the party food, decorating your Hocus Pocus movie party can also be so much fun! There are a variety of elements from the movie you could incorporate into your party décor. Here are a few fun Hocus Pocus themed ideas for your party decorations:
- Hang some black witch hats from the ceiling
- Lean some old brooms (and a vacuum) against the wall near the door
- Create some ingredient jars for your witch potion ingredients with this tutorial for spooky Halloween jars
- Spread decorative spider webs across the décor to add a spooky touch
- Sprinkle skeleton bones and skulls throughout the décor
Hocus Pocus Party Activities
While the food and decorations may be the most fun part of a party for the adults, the kids love party activities and games. And if you’re planning on including young ones in your Halloween celebration, it’s a good idea to have a few activities planned to keep the kids entertained. There are so many great ways to entertain your guests using the Hocus Pocus party theme, like:
- Host a Costume Contest: This Halloween party activity is a tried-and-true classic. Ask all your guests to dress in costume, then pass out awards for best costume, cutest costume, scariest costume, etc. Give a prize to the winner like this charming DIY Hocus Pocus t-shirt.
- Have a “You Put a Spell on Me” Dance Contest: Play the classic song from the movie and let everyone recreate the skeleton dance scene. Best dancer wins a prize!
- Hold a Witch Cackle Contest: Ask your guests to do their best witch cackle, then pick a winner.
- Witch Hat Ring Toss: Keep the kids occupied by setting a witch hat on the floor, then have them toss glow necklaces onto the hat for a Hocus Pocus-inspired ring toss game.
- Screen the Movie: Chances are, everyone at your party loves this movie as much as you do! So, set up a screening area in your home to show the movie during your Hocus Pocus Halloween party.
From food to entertainment and everything in between, follow these tips to host an amazing Hocus Pocus party this Halloween. Looking for more witch-inspired goodies? Check out this this huge roundup of delicious witch themed snacks!
Please let us know when you try some of the ideas to host a great Hocus Pocus Halloween party! If you make some yourself, please let us know on Pinterest that you tried it and tag us with #theawesomemuse on your Instagram photo. If you haven’t had a chance to make it yet, be sure to save the recipe on Pinterest so you’ll remember where you found it.
You may enjoy following our Pinterest Board Halloween Recipes.