This post has been sponsored by Fairos. However, the opinions shared are my own.
Whenever I think about my health insurance, I have mixed feelings. The first is that I am extraordinarily grateful to have it. But that thought is often followed by how difficult it can be jumping through hoops to get the information I need to make the best choices for my family’s needs.
Health Insurance can be difficult to manage
I’m a type one diabetic, so that means I’m in and out of the doctor on a routine basis pretty regularly. I’m fortunate to have a great team of doctors and good insurance. But that doesn’t mean that things are always easy. Any time our plan changes, I have to check on certain things like:
- Are my doctors in network?
- Is my preferred insulin on the formulary?
- Will they cover the glucose test strips that work with my insulin pump?
- And the big one – will they cover my pump and its supplies?
You see, I have a rather sophisticated piece of equipment helping me to stay in my best health. And even with insurance, the pump’s supplies are quite costly. So I have to make sure that I maximize my health insurance benefits the best way possible so that my family isn’t spending more than we should.
Over the years, I’ve learned to ask my insurance company things like:
- Do you have a preferred pharmacy?
- Are my medications on your formulary, and if not, what is?
- Do you have a preferred insulin pump, test strip, lancet?
Are you frustrated with Health Insurance?
And when I think back to when I had to learn to do this all for myself, there were so many questions I had. In fact, I still struggle with managing health insurance. It is frustrating to call for help only to be on hold for an hour or so, and then get patched through to someone who doesn’t know the answer to my question. Or to speak with someone who doesn’t understand that you live in California and can’t go to a doctor in North Carolina.
Raise your hand if you’ve ever been frustrated with your health insurance…. I can’t see you, but I bet you or someone you know is raising his or her hand. It can be expensive, there are plans with better coverage than others, and a great deal of it is confusing. You’re not alone out there.
Fairos offers a better way to work with your health insurance
Recently, I was asked to participate in a survey with Fairos about medical insurance. Fairos is a brand-new startup looking to change what’s broken about medical insurance.
Their team has been working with large companies to help their employees get the cheapest rates and the highest quality care for years. In that process they realized that no one paying more for insurance than individuals like us. They believe that is wrong, and plan to do something about it.
“Big medical” has created a maze of complexity for the patient experience, including high premiums and medical bills that are intentionally confusing. Fairos plans to fight against that and hopes to see millions of people receiving the medical care they need without the crippling and confusing effects of high medical costs.
What does Fairos do?
- Bill Negotiation – The team at Fairos will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to determine what savings are possible, and where there’s opportunities to reduce your overall costs. BINGO!
- TeleHealth – You can complete non-acute appointments with a doctor via email, phone, or video call. YASSS!
- Care-Coordination – Fairos can help establish the right schedule for your healthcare journey, follow up appointments with your doctor, and physical/occupational therapist post-hospitalization. WINNING!
It really is like having a concierge, or as some would say, a one-stop shop!
Take the Fairos Health Insurance Survey
To help Fairos create the best products to assist you with your healthcare needs, you can also take the survey.
Create your own user feedback survey